"'The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, for he has anointed me to bring Good News to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim that captives will be released, that the blind will see, that the oppressed will be set free, and that the time of the Lord's favor has come.' He (Jesus, the One who was anointed to accomplish all this) rolled up the scroll..... Then he began to speak to them. 'The scripture you've just heard has been fulfilled this very day!'" Luke 4:18 - 20



Thursday, February 11, 2010

The favorable year of the LORD

So how does one START a blog?
I have wanted to and been encouraged to for some time now, but where to begin?

Well, I discovered that you start with a Title. That directs you, doesn't it? It states your purpose.

So I began to ask myself, "Okay, why am I doing this?" The first thing that popped into my head was "Proclaim the Favorable Year of the Lord!" I tried to think up other titles that would fit the prophetic and mystical experiences and musings that I hope to convey, but the Holy Spirit kept pressing me... Proclaim the Favorable Year of the Lord... the time/season of his favor and grace. It can't be about me. It's about Him, and it's about YOU. Isn't that what all prophecy and heavenly "download" is about anyway?

It has been spoken by many that we -- the Church, the World -- everyone, has entered a new season (whether we know it or not) and God is about to blow across the land in unprecedented waves of both judgement and grace. It is time to seek the Lord while He may be found. And found He will be! It is His promise. I believe He will be found in many unexpected ways.

I will begin by posting my notes, which I took during the "What God is Doing: 2010" prophetic conference in Albany, OR the first week of January. Oh, man! I got excited during that conference about God's plans, His favor, His love, and the revelation of Himself that He is about to pour out on those who seek Him. Indeed, this is the year to Proclaim the Favor of the LORD.

No comments:

Post a Comment