"'The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, for he has anointed me to bring Good News to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim that captives will be released, that the blind will see, that the oppressed will be set free, and that the time of the Lord's favor has come.' He (Jesus, the One who was anointed to accomplish all this) rolled up the scroll..... Then he began to speak to them. 'The scripture you've just heard has been fulfilled this very day!'" Luke 4:18 - 20



Thursday, February 11, 2010

"What God is Saying for 2010" Conference -- my overall impressions

First, my overall impressions of the the conference:

I got excited at this conference. The gist of a lot of what I heard Chuck Pierce, especially, saying was that 2009 (I have notes from his word for last year too, if you want them) was the year of the womb, and of "coming full circle." 2009 felt like a lot of pushing, and like going around the mountain again. 2010 (year 5770 on the Hebrew calendar) carries the (Jewish) symbol of ayin, which has several meanings, but the first one I clued in on was about hands reaching up to heaven and a SWORD reaching down to earth to intersect and bring a breakthrough in the very things we have been beseeching heaven for.

Several themes resonated throughout the weekend even though speakers had not talked to each other about their topics. Most of them were exciting and hopeful, some of them sobering, and all of them pretty much dependent upon a people hungry for the presence of God and willing to watch and wait in the secret place, just for the sake of love.

God is promising though, in answer to our waiting, a great outpouring of His manifest presence and a great awakening in America. We have been waiting and praying for revival and visitiation for so long, it has almost seemed the waiting will go on forever, but many are seeing that we have enered the season when we will see the answers. Indeed, many miracles, signs, and outpourings are already coming about. God has not forgotten or forsaken America and by early this spring, the prophets say, the world will recognize that He is on the move in the Church in America. Yes, the Church.

"Coming down," so to speak, after the conference, I suffered a few days of depression, because there was so much hope and vision poured out, and yet many of the specific answers for my personal life are still out of grasp. I am pressed by the Spririt every day to come into the secret place, to watch and wait even when nothing seems to come of it, and to really get specific about what I want and need. It is time to urge heaven and not shrink back. It is not time to hesitate, and that is something I am really bad about. I am also challenged to live my life before my family and friends as a testimony of His grace and glory and of faith in His promises, how ever foolish it may seem.

BTW you can purchase any or all of the conference on CD, DVD, or MP3 download from the The Elijah List. Here's the link. http://http//www.elijahshopper.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=249

No comments:

Post a Comment